I was away recently and left my Son in the house. At around 4 in the morning the alarm set off with the internal ringers going even though it was not set. The unset codes did not seem to work.
Eventually over the telephone with my help he was able to stop the alarm by turning off the mains and unplugging the battery. I have done a NVM refresh and gone through all of the Engineer Program Commands and all key-ins are reset to the factory default settings but the walk test does not work and it will not set when we leave.
All that happens when I enter the access code and 9 is the two -- come on the screen but do not change when each detector is activated and shows the red light.
Is it beyond redemption or is there a fix for this please. I will be very grateful for any help if I can bring this alarm back to life. Thank you. Norman
Voltage is NO indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way that fumes smelt in your car fuel tank is NO indication that petrol exists!
one more thing,check you have fitted the nvm chip prop,and not bent a pin
you now need to repg the panel,tell it what is on each zone it will not see any circuit untill you tell it what the zone is,why did you reset to factory setting?you had no need to
Thank you Jim. The battery is only about 2 years old and the terminal voltage is 13.7. So I believe it is fine. I am wondering if it could be intermittent faulty wiring. It is at least 15 years since the original system was installed. We had some building work done a few years back and it has played up a bit since then. Perhaps it is time to raid the piggy bank and renew. I believe the 9800 is basically still one of the best around so I will hope that it is just the wiring that needs to be replaced and not the whole system. Thanks for your help.
suggest you find a local alarm engineer to sort it out.
you've opened a can of worms, all you had to do was replace the battery in the control panel.