Mend Household Appliances, Tumble Dryers

Household Appliances, Tumble Dryers
Find out how to mend it for free.

Ask Question

Tumble Dryers

Mend Mend Household Appliances, Tumble Dryers

hoover nextra blows up!?

Looked inside and found small cylidrical part blown with lots of black burning. The part was at the top of machine had live and neutral wires. What is this part called and can I replace it? Not very sure about electrics but would like to try and repair. Any advice would be useful.

May 2014
This component is called a mains input suppressor, or also called a mains filter. They are prone to going bang and blowing the end out after about 6 years. You can get a replacement and fit it easily. Health and safety unplug machine before touching. If you do not have a supplier for the part you can get it from currys partmaster., or espares. Cheers

May 2014

Automatic Answer

We may have found other answers which could help you.

Click here for Hoover Blows Up


Find out how to mend just about anything for free repair help, information and advice.

Can you help?

Are you an expert who can help answer questions? Click here to see the unanswered questions for each category.