Had to take blind off rail and then remove rails themselves. This freed the blind and it all went back on easily following std Velux instructions.
My blind was jammed in the closed position and the blind had detached from the sides. I managed to fix it by using a screwdriver and a little force on the bottom handle, one side of the handle wasn't moving so used the screw driver for a little leverage, as soon as it loosened I gently pushed the handle back to the top. The blind rolled back up with the blind still loose, no problem, and the sides realign themselves when the blind is pulled gently back down.
Relieved I got it fixed, it was driving me mad!
We may have found other answers which could help you.